- provides a service and meets a need for people living in the local community
- is supported, recognised and respected by the local community and the people who benefit from it
- is run locally
Tuesday, 27 July 2010
Queen's Award for Voluntary Services
Please find below a weblink and webpage with all the information required to nominate an organisation for the Queen's Award for Voluntary service - the MBE for Volunteer groups. A brief summary:
• this is a rolling programme, but we understand that organisations are considered for the following year if their nomination is received by early September
• a nomination may be kept in a nomination pool for 3yrs, being considered.
• awards are published on 2nd June each year (anniversary of Her Majesty's coronation). Groups are told 2 wks before and must keep it secret until 2nd June
• You cannot self nominate, that includes any volunteer, paid staff member or trustee of your organisation.
• However, we have looked at the guidance and application form and the nominee will need help from the organisation to complete the form
• The majority of the group must be volunteers, and more than half the volunteers must have the right to live in the UK.
• Any group of two or more people doing volunteering work that is a social, economic or environmental service to the local community can be nominated for the award. In order to be nominated, volunteer groups should do work that:
• You can complete the form electronically, but it must be printed and submitted as hard copy.
All further guidance can be found on the website and on the apllication form and guidance notes. Click here.