I only work with people who have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and have and East Berkshire GP e.g. those who live in Windsor & Maidenhead. Slough, Bracknell Ascot, and parts of South Bucks. I am not restricted by Unitary Authority Boundaries.
I have drop in sessions at the local MS Society coffee mornings and the hope to start these at the Therapy Centre Reading. I carry out home visits, hospital visits, and I am happy to meet with other health professionals in order to obtain the best possible outcome for you through a system which is often complicated and confusing.
What can I offer?
I can work with you to identify what is important to you to live life to the way you want. This can offer advice and emotional and practical support in areas which we would identify together.
These problems are individual to you but could include:
- Relapse management – provision of simple equipment
- Vocational and help with your employer
- Advice about Leisure activities
- Information and advice to help you and your partners/ friends cope with some of the symptoms of MS. E.g. fatigue, anxiety, memory loss.
- Assistance with referrals to other resources e.g. social services, district nurses, continence service, physiotherapy, orthotics, speech therapy, benefits advisor
- Advice re assistive technology and environmental controls
- Mobility- e.g. wheelchairs and driving.
- Advice and arranging demonstrations and procurement of specialist equipment.
- Assessment for specialist seating
- Equipment and adaptations around the home.
This list is a few of the things that as the MS Specialist OT I can provide to help you to be live life and to maintain your autonomy and independence.