Thursday, 19 September 2013

Introducing Dr Emma Louise Benjamin, our new Counsellor

Due to popular demand Emma will be in every Tuesday from the 1st October.  Please call 0118 901 6000 if you would like to make an appointment.

"Hi,

My name is Emma Benjamin. I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist registered with the British Psychological Society and the Division of Counselling Psychology. I carried out my undergraduate degree at the University of Surrey and my doctoral training at City University London.

I have worked in a wide range of psychological settings where my area of expertise is talking therapy. I have extensive experience working within the NHS. I am interested in the important link between the mind and body and the way in which mental and physical health problems affect each other.

My professional practice and my personal experiences of life give me a rounded approach to the understanding of mental distress and the way in which such distress can affect us on a daily basis.

Finally, it is important for you to know that people who have worked with me describe me as understanding, kind, warm and trustworthy.

I am very much looking forward to working with the team at the MS Therapy Centre. Please feel free to contact me in confidence."

Emma will start on Tuesday 14th May and offer appointments every other week between 2.00 to 7.00pm (last appointment 6.00 pm).  Emma is also happy to see people in her private clinic on another day if that is more convenient.  Please contact Pippa on 0118 901 6000 or email pippa@bmstc.org for more details.