Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Thank you to all of our London Marathon Runners and of cours "Our Tracy"

Photo: From our Tracy! "Thanks so much to all of you for your fantastic support, encouragement & sponsorship of me for the London Marathon on Sunday.  I was thrilled & honoured to be running for the Centre & was determined not to let you down on the day.  I was aiming for a time of under 6 hours as my husband had promised me an extra £100 in sponsorship if I could do it.  So, ever the fundraiser (!), I had my eye firmly on that extra prize & was delighted to finish in 5.53.46!  It was a fabulous day, with great support from the crowds, & my body has held up pretty well (I’m still walking!).  Here are a few photos to give you a flavour of the day!  If you would like to sponsor me, there is still time as my fundraising page will remain open for a little while longer at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TracyWatkinsVLM2013  Many thanks again Tracy x"
Thank you to the BMSTC team of London Marathon runners who took part last Sunday.  What an event it was and full of emotion!

We are absolutely thrilled to let you know that Tracy completed the Marathon in 5.53.46 which was an amazing achievement!  Here is a message to you from her:

" Thanks so much to all of you for your fantastic support, encouragement & sponsorship of me for the London Marathon on Sunday.  I was thrilled & honoured to be running for the Centre & was determined not to let you down on the day. 

I was aiming for a time of under 6 hours as my husband had promised me an extra £100 in sponsorship if I could do it.  So, ever the fundraiser (!), I had my eye firmly on that extra prize & was delighted to finish in 5.53.46!  It was a fabulous day, with great support from the crowds, & my body has held up pretty well (I’m still walking!).   

If you would like to sponsor me, there is still time as my fundraising page will remain open for a little while longer at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TracyWatkinsVLM2013  Many thanks again Tracy x"