Source Reading Borough Council:
Come and join us on Wednesday 10th June to celebrate the work carers do and explore what each of us can do to support them.
Carers Week 2015 Event: Building a Carer Friendly Community in Reading
Wednesday 10th June 2015
1 – 3.30 pm
Council Chamber, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, RG1 2LU
The programme will be informative and fun and will include:
· Real life experiences from carers of all ages
· A quiz with a prize for the winner(s)
· Keynote presentations from Time Finders and the Department for Work and Pensions will highlight what support – emotional, financial, practical – carers can access
· Opportunity for all to feedback and explore ways we can build a carer friendly community in Reading
· Blood pressure checks courtesy of the Stroke Association Reading
Additional information about the support carers can access will be available from:
· Berkshire Carers Service
· Berkshire Phab
· The Kiloran Trust
· Reading Crossroads
· The Stroke Association Reading
· Carers UK
We look forward to seeing you on the day! Feel free to share this information with anyone who might benefit from attending the event and would like to contribute ideas for a better carer focused community in Reading. We attach a flyer with details of the event for your networks and contacts.
If you would like to attend the event or if you have any queries, please let us know on 0118 937 2383 or at email@example.com.
In addition, we attach information from Berkshire Carers Service with details of other events for carers in Berkshire during Carers Week.
Consultation & Engagement Officer
Service Development & Transformation Team
Adult Care and Health Services
Reading Borough Council
Level 2, Civic Offices,
Bridge Street, Reading, RG1 2LU